[Haskell-cafe] need help on exercise

kasager kasager at mailbox.syr.edu
Fri Jun 25 17:39:06 EDT 2004

Hi,
  I am working on exercise 12.5 from "Haskell, The Craft of Functional
Programming, second edition" by Simon Thompson.  It asks to make Int an
instance in the Visible class.  I have tried multiple ways of doing this
however I keep receiving the same error messege when I compile my program,
saying that my types do not match and i have given a (Num a, Visible a) =>
String, when it is supposed to be an Int -> String.  If anyone could help me
with this issue it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Kelly