[Haskell-cafe] EuroHaskell 2004 pictures

Shae Matijs Erisson shae at ScannedInAvian.com
Tue Jun 15 13:25:42 EDT 2004

The EuroHaskell 2004 Conference was great fun.

Shae Erisson gave a Haskell tutorial, Jeremy Bobbio gave a talk about hOp,
and John Hughes gave a talk/tutorial about Arrows.

Code was written, pizza was purchased, most attendees claimed to enjoy
themselves. A social event for programmers may be an oxymoron, but it was nice
to get so many Haskellers in the same room.

Until you've experienced the range of jokes and puns that can come from a CS
Student Pub named "The Monad" you haven't plumbed the depths of FP humor.

Anders Carlsson has pictures on his website:
http://ridley.csbnet.se/gallery/eurohaskell

Some of my favorites are the signs:
http://ridley.csbnet.se/gallery/eurohaskell/p1010059 - (this is a bathroom /
watercloset / toilet, insert your local term)
http://ridley.csbnet.se/gallery/eurohaskell/p1010052

and of course the unicycle pictures:
http://ridley.csbnet.se/gallery/eurohaskell/p1010026
http://ridley.csbnet.se/gallery/eurohaskell/p1010047