[Haskell-cafe] Hello and help request

Graham Klyne GK at ninebynine.org
Thu Jul 29 12:10:42 EDT 2004

At 14:50 29/07/04 +0200, enrico.santoemma at tin.it wrote:
>Are type classes different from Java classes? I think so, but I guess this
>means that one should ask different things to type classes, respect to what
>is being asked to Java classes.
>It is this difference that's unclear to me.

I made some notes about this, but they're in no sense authoritative:

There was also a little discussion of these notes, starting around:
and subsequently transferring to Haskell-cafe.  There was some discussion
of classes and their relation to OO style, but that seems to have been
off-list.  Some of the comments received have been added to my notes.

Graham Klyne
For email: