[Haskell-cafe] Sets and Monads and comprehensions

Remi Turk rturk at science.uva.nl
Wed Jul 21 06:21:27 EDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 04:42:24PM +0100, Graham Klyne wrote:
> I found myself treading a path which led me to asking the same question as
> [1].  Given the answer [2], I'd like to stand back a little and ask if
> there's another way to tackle my niggle:  what I'm interested in is a set
> comprehension expression that is analogous to a list comprehension
> expression; e.g. in:

Though I do not have an answer for you, I do occasionally feel the need
(ehm, need is a bit too strong a word) for
some-kind-of-collection-comprehensions too. Also, GHC has the
parallel array extension which adds array-comprehensions;
although I think it's impossible to fit in haskell 98, it would
be nice to have some general mechanism on which
"collection-comprehensions" (and enumerations: [1..5], [:1..5:], ...)
could be based.

Groetjes,
Remi

--
Nobody can be exactly like me. Even I have trouble doing it.