[Haskell-cafe] Haskore development

Henning Thielemann iakd0 at clusterf.urz.uni-halle.de
Fri Jul 2 14:30:41 EDT 2004

The idea of using a general purpose programming language for making music
as provided by Haskore is very attractive to me. Especially Haskell seems
to be a good choice for this task, since the lazy evaluation in principle
allows an immediate play back without the necessity to build the complete
song data structure in advance. The concise syntax that is possible
because of the type unification system is also very nice.
 So I played around a bit with Haskore and wondered if there is some more
activity on it. I've found several related projects like:
 http://www.mpi-sb.mpg.de/~ratschan/autotrack/ (Autotrack)
 http://meltin.net/hacks/haskell/ (Haschorus)
 http://haskell.cs.yale.edu/edsl/music.htm (EDSL)

As far as I understand all of them address a simplified usage of Haskore.
Are there also people interested in making Haskore more flexible and more
logical?