[Haskell-cafe] Producing fortran/C code with haskell?

Vincenzo aka Nick Name vincenzo_mlRE.MOVE at yahoo.it
Fri Jan 30 19:32:53 EST 2004

I seem to recall a discussion, don't know if it was here or on
comp.lang.functional, where somebody said he uses haskell to generate
fortran code.

That fascinated me a lot, because that would mean being able to generate
a program already specialized for a specific input, by first reading
input in haskell and then producing code (fortran, but could be C
either) - and because I guess it can add static safety exploiting
haskell types. Since we already have that nice syntax for monads those
programs should be readable, too.

Where could I find information on such topics, or existing libraries to
generate programs with haskell? Is somebody willing to share what (s)he
already did?

V.