[Haskell-cafe] Path names (again?)

Vincenzo aka Nick Name vincenzo_mlRE.MOVE at yahoo.it
Thu Feb 5 10:55:33 EST 2004

Hi all,

I am so often in need for this (I suppose, non-existing) module, that I
am going crazy :) I have found discussions in the archives for haskell
mailing lists, but is there any, even posix-only, even unix-only, but
better portable, implementation of functions to

- concatenate file paths

- tell if a path is absolute or relative

- chase symlinks

- find all the files in a directory (yes, that's what I need :))

I am tired of finding bugs in my implementation, is there someone with a
better thing to offer? Is there any hope to see such functions in GHC
libraries, or are those already there and it's just me who can't
find'em?

Thanks in advance

Vincenzo