[Haskell-cafe] Non-technical Haskell question

Jason Bailey azrael at demonlords.net
Thu Dec 2 22:48:04 EST 2004

I think you may be asking the wrong question.

As one of the "rank and file" and fairly new to Haskell (less then a
month) I can tell you that there is a growing awareness of functional
programming and that it offers different paradigms to work with.

I think the more important question is - "is Haskell ready?"

So far, from the perspective of a newbie, I would say no.

The documentation is sparse and confusing, the "standard" libraries seem
incomplete and how complitaion and linking is handled feels antiquated.

I mean I think its a really cool idea, and I'm having fun learning it.
But I would be hard pressed to come up with a justification to introduce
this into our business environment.