[Haskell-cafe] Logic programming in Haskell

Benderjgdefault at aol.com Benderjgdefault at aol.com
Thu Aug 19 15:57:40 EDT 2004

In a message dated 8/19/04 11:11:00 AM, monnier at iro.umontreal.ca writes:
>Has anyone already tried to embed prolog-style logic programming as
>a Haskell library?  Kind of like Schelog but for Haskell?
>
>I know about Curry, but I'd like a Haskell library rather than
>another language.

No doubt  you are looking for an implementation, not papers, but I would
like to point a selection of papers dealing with embedding logic programming
in Haskell (on my Haskell bibliography site):
   http://haskell.readscheme.org/appl.html#logic

This includes both the Seres and Spivey papers, but also a couple of papers
by Ralf Hinze.

Also, since you mention Schelog, perhaps you would also find interesting
KANREN, a more recent logic-programming-in-Scheme system by Dan Friedman,
Oleg and others:
   http://kanren.sourceforge.net

Jim