[Haskell-cafe] Re: exceptions vs. Either

MR K P SCHUPKE k.schupke at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Aug 6 06:19:41 EDT 2004

>Not so.  In Java, the programmer is forced to handle most exceptions

I forgot you had to do that... Exceptions are explicit in the type
signatures. I think Oleg posted a message a while back about how to
make exceptions explicit in haskell type signatures... But I would
rather use static guarantees where possible, and exceptions where
necessary. I haven't really tried using the techniques for explicit
exceptions, but on consideration I might see if it is practical to
code in that style...

	Keean.