[Haskell-cafe] exceptions vs. Either

Ketil Malde ketil+haskell at ii.uib.no
Wed Aug 4 09:30:24 EDT 2004

Ketil Malde <ketil+haskell at ii.uib.no> writes:

> import Prelude hiding (head,(!!),read)

> Any comments?

Here's one: I thought this would make it difficult to have other
imports of Prelude, hiding other pieces of it (e.g. catch, to avoid
ambiguities with Control.Exception.catch)

(Also, the definition of 'bug' hinders forces the #include to be after
any imports, not sure it's better to have a separate module for it,
which would then need to be on the module search path)

(I seem to be mainly following up to my own posts, so if somebody
asks, I'll take this to a quiet corner at the -cafe :-)

-kzm