[Haskell-cafe] Re: sizeFM type

Ketil Malde ketil+haskell at ii.uib.no
Wed Apr 28 10:54:39 EDT 2004

"S. Alexander Jacobson" <alex at i2x.com> writes:

> assuming Moore's law lasts

I suspect Moore's law is dead or dying.  Intel just announced the
latest "Prescott" P4 at 3.6 GHz, up from 3.2 last June.  That's only a
12.5% increase.  One year before that, it was about 2.5GHz, or almost
30%. I didn't recheck, but I think that in the PII and PIII period,
the increase was about 50% every year.

Interestingly, none of the other chipmakers seem to be doing much
better either.

But apart from that, your points are valid. :-)

-kzm

PS: Okay, that was perhaps off topic even for -cafe.