[Haskell-cafe] WildCard question

Paul Cosby cozbie at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 13 16:07:34 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am very new to haskell and the program hugs and I am having problems using the wildcard operator _

Every time I try to use it in an definition it says something like the symbol /017 is not recognised. I am sure my defintions are correct as I tested it with an example defintion from Alan Thompsons craft of functional programming book.

I am guessing that all the relevant modules have not been loaded properly. I have reinstalled hugs with full implementation and this has not helped.
I am using a windows 98 PC.

Any help suggestions? Or has anyone just got the wildcard definition which are could just paste into my scripts

Many thanks