[Haskell-cafe] Newbie: Is it possible to catch _|_ ?

Russ Lewis spamhole-2001-07-16 at deming-os.org
Tue Apr 6 13:47:46 EDT 2004

Oh.  I was figuring that the runtime would detect _|_ whenever
evaluation requires that it calculate a given expressoin, and that
expression is currently being evaluated...that is, some subset of an
expression evaluates to the expression itself.

Now that you mention it, I guess there are a lot of other nonterminating
conditions....hmmm.

Thanks for the prompt response!

Russ Lewis
    Experienced imperative programmer, functional newbie :)