replacing guile with haskell?

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Wed Oct 22 02:14:22 EDT 2003

Graham Klyne writes:

 > I'm thinking in particular that a function that turned a regular
 > expression into a Parsec parser function could be useful, as in:

 >     regexp.compile :: String -> GenParser Char st [String]

Just curious: Why would you want something like that? I thought that
the good thing(tm) about regular expressions is that they can be
parsed by a finite state machine rather than a recursive descent
parser, so for all I know, the C regular expression library that comes
with your system is most likely much faster than any Parsec code would
every be.

Not that I have tried it, though ...

Peter