replacing guile with haskell?

ajb at ajb at
Tue Oct 21 05:17:10 EDT 2003

G'day all.

Quoting Graham Klyne <GK at>:

> Separately from this thread, it has recently occurred to me that Haskell is
> an ideal tool for implementing "little languages" [1], particularly when
> they are declarative in nature.

Absolutely.  This is especially true in Haskell because there's a
fairly mechanical (if potentially tedious) procedure for removing a
layer of interpretation from a "little language" implementation.  If you're
careful, you can even do this at run-time.

I think I might have mentioned this previously, but here's an interesting
implementation of Knuth-Morris-Pratt substring searching (which is indeed
a "little language") which illustrates something or other:

Andrew Bromage