"interact" behaves oddly if used interactively

Thomas Johnsson thomas at skri.net
Thu Oct 2 13:51:53 EDT 2003

Nicholas Nethercote wrote:

>Also, I'm not convinced that laziness does make users' lives easier --
>witness a lot of the traffic on this list.  Witness the subject of this
>thread.  In which case the extra difficulty heaped upon compiler writers
>is of questionable value.

I'm convinced that if laziness (or call by name) were the norm in
languages in general, then there would be similar traffic
in lists like this one about the problems of strict evaluation -- and
there would be a lot more of it,
since strictness constrains the programming style a lot more!

>Just my two cents.

Likewise, my 50 öre  (smallest denomination currently in use :-)

-- Thomas