swap leak problem

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Thu Oct 2 07:26:05 EDT 2003

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 03:06:50PM +0100, Simon Marlow wrote:
> ...  Then run it with +RTS -DS -Sstderr, observe it going very slowly and
> see if it throws any assertion failures.

I get a:

ASSERTION FAILED: file Storage.c, line 875

This is in ghc CVS HEAD as of yesterday morning.  It shows up even on small
test runs (rather than my monster run that kills swap on my machine), so if
you want a test case I can pretty easily get it for you.  Although it won't
be a small amount of code, it at least wouldn't require 200M of data.
--
David Roundy
http://www.abridgegame.org