AW: GHC and Panther (Mac OS X 10.3)

Thomas Davie tatd100 at student.cs.york.ac.uk
Thu Nov 20 13:12:03 EST 2003

Hi again,
   Just to let you know that the responses did set me down the right
path to get hmake to make - it needed me to use "sudo gcc_select 3" (to
select gcc 3.1 as opposed to 3.3), there were still errors with gcc2.

Just out of interest though, the step below seemed to get rid of the
main error when I was compiling with gcc3.3, (although still left a lot
of messages).  It finally broke when hmake tried to bootstrap it's self
and decided that the -p meant try to load the package gcc3, does anyone
have any idea how to get round that?

On 20 Nov 2003, at 05:03, ozone at algorithm.com.au wrote:

> This looks very much like a bug that a few other people have
> encountered with GHC and Panther; try adding
>
>     -pgmP "gcc3 -E -traditional"
>
> to your commandline, which will use the gcc 3.1 pre-processor.
> (Apple's cpp-3.3 adds some extra line and debugging information to the
> output, which is harmless in C but interacts badly with Haskell
> syntax.)

Thanks a lot

Bob