Shooting yourself in the foot, a contribution

Eray Ozkural erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr
Fri, 23 May 2003 17:00:09 +0300

On Friday 23 May 2003 03:17, Ashley Yakeley wrote:
> In Haskell, it's provably impossible to shoot yourself in the foot
> without using unsafeShootSelfInFoot. Curiously, this doesn't stop people
> using unsafeShootSelfInFoot in released software.

AFAICT people here have successfully demonstrated how a simple construct for
interfacing with sequential I/O systems can be extended to emulate all
hazards of imperative programming <g>

*pun intended*

*hopefully funny*

*don't flame me*