I am just starting out

Mark Carroll mark@chaos.x-philes.com
Thu, 22 May 2003 15:09:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 22 May 2003, Andy Schmidt wrote:

> Hi, my name is Andy Schmidt and I stumbled across this website as I started
> my quest for the best programming language.  I am only in college and I am
> trying to learn as many languages as I can.  I hope haskell will be the one
> I stick with.

Welcome! There is something to be said for knowing a range of types of
programming languages, then pulling the appropriate one out of the toolkit
for the task at hand, but I can at least confirm that Haskell is well
worth having in that toolkit and that we will help you with any stumbling
blocks you run into in learning it.

-- Mark