Shooting yourself in the foot, a contribution

Andrew Rock A.Rock@griffith.edu.au
Mon, 19 May 2003 08:23:37 +1000

On Monday, May 19, 2003, at 01:52 AM, Steffen Mazanek wrote:

>> You shoot yourself in the foot. The gun fires half an hour later (lazy
>> evaluation), blows your hand instead of your foot (polymorphism), and
>> leaves you in a state of total amnesia (memory leaks).
>
> funny, but what about the state? In Haskell it is not possible to
> shoot yourself in the foot, except you are in the IO monad :-)

I agree. You can't shoot yourself in the foot. You have to make a new
foot
with a hole in it. If you don't like it, your old foot persists.

Cheers,
Rock.
--
Andrew Rock -- A.Rock@griffith.edu.au --