on termination

Cagdas Ozgenc co19@cornell.edu
Thu, 8 May 2003 15:16:15 +0300

I have read books/articles on rewriting systems. All of them talk about how
to prove termination and confluence, but none of them seem to generalize and
present the big picture. I don't really care about the properties of a
particular rewriting system. I am looking for milestone results. Let me see
if I can acquire the reference you pointed, is it available on the Internet?