do let in

Damien R. Sullivan dasulliv@cs.indiana.edu
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 00:11:54 -0500

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 03:29:48PM +1100, Bernard James POPE wrote:

> So if you want a global variable - read the paper by Hughes that I mentioned
> previously. It is short, easy to understand, and covers the typical
> ways Haskell programmers might try to do it (dirty and clean). It might even

I've read it and looked at the implicit parameters paper ghc points to.
Implicit parameters seem like what I'd want, but I can't get that to compile
either.  But it's getting late and I should probably go back tomorrow.
(Turned all uses of afact into ?fact, and tried let ... gamma_tup ...  with
afact = array ...  And compiled with -fglasgow-exts)

-xx- Damien X-)