Simple monads

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang@jeltsch.net
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 18:07:49 +0200

On Friday, 2003-06-27, 12:55, CEST, Christian Maeder wrote:
> [...]

> The portable parts of Control.Monad.State (that are sufficient for most
> cases) should be in an extra module (maybe called Control.Monad.StateTypes).
> In addition further non-overloaded names for put, get, gets and modify would
> be needed (maybe putState, getState, etc.)

Hello,

I fear, this would complicate the module structure too much. And it will
become unnecessary because some time (in the near future?) multi-parameter
classes with functional dependencies will be a standardized feature which is
supported by all major Haskell implementations. I hope, at least. ;-)

> [...]

Wolfgang