haskell array access

Lex Stein stein@eecs.harvard.edu
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:11:44 -0400 (EDT)

You must be using my old example, with gcc -O3 my new example does access
the array and is 20x faster than the ghc -O code. Scroll down for
"-->" that I inserted beside the instruction to see the array access.

	.file	"arrayloop.c"
	.version	"01.01"
gcc2_compiled.:
.text
	.p2align 2,0x90
.globl main
		.type		 main,@function
main:
	pushl %ebp
	movl %esp,%ebp
	subl $80,%esp
	pushl %esi
	pushl %ebx
	xorl %ebx,%ebx
	xorl %ecx,%ecx
	leal -64(%ebp),%esi
	.p2align 2,0x90
.L6:
	movl %ecx,%edx
	testl %ecx,%ecx
	jge .L7
	leal 15(%ecx),%edx
.L7:
	andl $-16,%edx
	movl %ecx,%eax
	subl %edx,%eax
-->	addl (%esi,%eax,4),%ebx
	incl %ecx
	cmpl $99999999,%ecx
	jle .L6
	movl %ebx,%eax
	popl %ebx
	popl %esi
	leave
	ret
.Lfe1:
		.size		 main,.Lfe1-main
	.ident	"GCC: (GNU) c 2.95.4 20020320 [FreeBSD]"