Poll: How to respond to homework questions

Shawn P. Garbett listman@garbett.org
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 11:58:31 -0500

On Thursday 28 August 2003 04:25 am, Ketil Z. Malde wrote:

> > On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 05:50:14PM -0400, Matthew Donadio wrote:
> >> There is a big difference between "I am having some trouble with this
> >> homework problem.  This is what I did.  Could someone give me some
> >> tips?  Thanks" and "How do I write a map function in Haskell?"
> >>
> >> For the first case, I would vote for D and/or E as appropriate.  For the
> >> second case, I vote for (F) Ignore.
>
> I would say D and E are appropriate for the former (curious, puzzled,
> inquisitive, rather than just lazy) category, and F (Ridicule) for the
> latter.

For the "How do I write a map function in Haskell?", how about an answer of
"drop course immediately before your GPA is impacted further."

Of course, this comes from someone whos made some stupid posts to this list,
and gotten polite answers which is very different than most netlists.

Shawn