Prefix and postfix operators

Ketil Z. Malde ketil@ii.uib.no
28 Aug 2003 11:05:52 +0200

"Eugene Nonko" <enonko@windows.microsoft.com> writes:

> Are there any plans to extend Haskell parser to support prefix and postfix
> operators? It will be just great for domain-specific languages.

We already have prefix operators, don't we?  I.e., regular functions
are prefix?  One would assume (but one would also be to lazy to try
it) that operators (i.e. non-alpha identifiers) could be defined
unary, and applied with the parenthesis notation?  E.g.

> It always kind of bothered me that unary minus is special.

I've rather felt that unary minus should go, I almost always end up
using "negate" explicitly, anyway.

-kzm