Poll: How to respond to homework questions

Andrew J Bromage ajb@spamcop.net
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 10:52:32 +1000

G'day all.

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 05:50:14PM -0400, Matthew Donadio wrote:

> For the first case, I would vote for D and/or E as appropriate.  For the
> second case, I vote for (F) Ignore.

IMO, based on the result of this poll, we should develop some kind of
short FAQ (e.g. on the wiki) which we can include in the list
subscription information and can also send to people who ask for the
kind of homework help that we don't like to see.  IMO, this is better
than ignoring, and far more polite than giving a correct but highly
useless answer, fun though that might be.

I'd be happy to write something once the vote comes in.

Cheers,
Andrew Bromage