recursion

Jon Fairbairn Jon.Fairbairn@cl.cam.ac.uk
Sat, 23 Aug 2003 21:42:15 +0100

On 2003-08-23 at 20:14+0200 Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
> On Thursday, 2003-08-21, 13:32, CEST, Keith Wansbrough wrote:
> > [...]
>
> > BTW: please post in plain ASCII, not HTML [...]
>
> Or post both, plain text and HTML, in combination. Users
> of HTML-capable mail clients will be able to read your
> mails formatted nicely while others will still see your
> text without HTML tags.

I for one would prefer plain text only. For one thing I
access my email over a phone line, so the more than doubling
of message size that multipart/alternative entails is
unwelcome.

For another, few (if any) of the html encoded emails I've
seen are "formatted nicely". Either they look pretty much as
they do with plain text, or the have poor choices of fonts
or other questionable typographic design. Most of the time I
find myself looking at the plain text version in preference.

 Jón

--
Jón Fairbairn                                 Jon.Fairbairn@cl.cam.ac.uk