Updated monad tutorial

Jeff Newbern jnewbern@nomaware.com
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:38:24 +0100

Hello,

I would like to thank everyone for their feedback on the monad tutorial
I posted earlier.  Based on that feedback, I have expanded and corrected
the tutorial at www.nomaware.com/monads/html/index.html

The primary changes are:
 - vastly expanded section on monad transformers
 - additional examples of monad transformers, including multiple
   transformers in a stack
 - added examples for liftM, guard, ap and msum
 - consistent use of "action" in IO monad "computation" in all others
 - made language more precise when discussing the IO type constructor
 - fixed typos, cleaned up some code in examples

I am sufficiently pleased with this version to call it 1.0, but I still
welcome any and all feedback.

Thanks,
Jeff Newbern
--