Yet Another Monad Tutorial

Jeff Newbern jnewbern@yahoo.com
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 02:40:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone,

Due to the scarcity of monad tutorials available (:^), I have
written one of my own.  I hope that this one is both more gentle
and more comprehensive than many of the other tutorials out on
the 'net, and I am looking for feedback from experienced
Haskellers and novices alike.

You can find the tutorial at

http://www.nomaware.com/monads/html/

The tutorial begins from first principles and introduces the monad
concept, details the implementation and usage of all of the standard
monads in Haskell and the monad template library and explains the
use of monad transformers.  The tutorial contains 23 individual
sections and 18 files of example code illustrating different monad
concepts.

I hope that this tutorial is useful to many people, and I would
love to hear your experiences and suggestions for improving it.

Thanks,
Jeff Newbern
jnewbern@yahoo.com