Is Haskell usefull for me?

Ron de Bruijn rondebruijn@yahoo.com
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:33:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi there,

I have developed a new timetablingalgorithm, at least
I think it is..

I already tested it in C++, but it's not quite
complete and before it's a really great application
the program will be tens of times bigger.

I used Helium(subsetlanguage of Haskell) in the past
few months and I think it's working better dan
C++(especially because there's a lot to know about
C++, before you really "know" C++).

I want to use Haskell for creating a GUI. Furtermore I
need some speed(code can't be more than 1.5 times
slower than C++). And I want to use large
array's(>60000 elements) where each element had an
type in it with another 5 elements.

data Thing=ConFunction Int Int Int Int Int
Thus an array of Thing.

I use Windows 98 Se (It seems that some libs. are only
for UNIX.)

Is it usefull for me to use Haskell, are there enough
libraries so I can easily recreate and improve my
program?

Could you give some examples of possible functions or
libraries I should use?

Regards,
      Ron