announcing darcs

Thaddeus L. Olczyk olczyk@interaccess.com
Wed, 09 Apr 2003 14:15:49 -0500

On Wed, 09 Apr 2003 09:31:26 -0400, David Roundy
<droundy@abridgegame.org> wrote:

>(My apologies for a possibly off-topic post, but I don't know where else I
>might contact interested haskellers.)
>
>For anyone who might be interested, I've written a revision control system
>which is in haskell (called darcs), which is licensed under the GPL.  It
>contains a few bits of code that you might find useful, such as an
>interface to libcurl (for lazily reading files over http or ftp), an LCS
>function and code for opening a pipe to sendmail as a Handle.  Of course,
>I'd welcome anyone who wants to contribute to darcs itself.
>
>the darcs webpage is http://www.abridgegame.org/darcs/
>
>darcs is currently unix-only (counting MacOS X as unix).  A port to windows
>would be a fair amount of work, but probably would mostly be
>straightforward (mostly dealing with slashes versus backslashes and getting
>libcurl to work under windows).
1) There is a version of libcurl that works under windows.
2) Slashes '/' work just as well as backslashes '\' in windows.
     In fact in any language I use, I write a path name normalization
     routine. THe first thing it does is to replash backslashes with
     slashes.