Problems with IO

Ch. A. Herrmann herrmann@fmi.uni-passau.de
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:57:28 +0200

>>>>> "pavel" == pavel  <pavel@joker.u.pereslavl.ru> writes:

    pavel> Now I understand that it's just a lack of knowledge... Sorry
    pavel> for interrupring...

    pavel> By the way, can you recommend a good manual which I can find
    pavel> on the web?

The best source would be a good book like Simon Thompsons:
"Haskell: The Craft of Functional Programming", published
by Addison-Wesley. I/O is described in Chapter 18 on page 383
which makes clear that I/O is not the first thing you should
try when learning Haskell. Use an interpreter like ghci first
and evaluate expressions in interaction with the interpreter.

You can also find a tutorial on the web at:
   http://www.haskell.org/tutorial/

Cheers
--
 Christoph Herrmann