SUGGESTION: haskell-announce mailing list

Jens Petersen petersen@redhat.com
17 May 2002 15:33:16 +0900

"Simon Marlow" <simonmar@microsoft.com> writes:

> I'm happy to set up and moderate
> haskell-announce@haskell.org if there's a general
> consensus that this would be a useful thing.

I think there are enough announcements on the haskell list,
to warrant having a separate announce list.  It would make
filtering announcements to a separate folder much easier
too.

> As to whether we should merge haskell and haskell-caf=E9 -
> personally I wasn't in favour of the split at the time,
> but I recall that support was roughly 50/50 in favour.
> Unless there's an overwhelming majority in favour of a
> merge I suggest we leave things as they are.

I don't have a strong opinion on this either way, however I
agree with some of the earlier comments that it only really
makes sense to have two different lists if their agenda are
more clearly distinct.  (IMHO "cafe" is too vague.)

Jens