Is there a name for this structure?
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:48:45 +0000

The name escapes me but any category theory book should supply the answer.


Tom Pledger <> on 27/03/2002 04:22:29

Sent by:

To:   haskell-cafe
Subject:  Is there a name for this structure?

Joe English writes:
 | Suppose you have two morphisms f : A -> B and g : B -> A
 | such that neither (f . g) nor (g . f) is the identity,
 | but satisfying (f . g . f) = f.   Is there a conventional name
 | for this?

Is it equivalent to saying that (f . g) is the identity on the range
of f?  That's shorter, though still not a snappy single word term.
Haskell-Cafe mailing list


      Save time by using an eTicket and our Self-Service Check-in Kiosks.
      For more information go to