Newbie question, installing hugs on redhat 7.2

Jeffrey R Lewis jeff@galois.com
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:00:57 -0700

On Monday 19 August 2002 04:33 am, Alastair Reid wrote:
> > Does anyone know a workaround for this, or please tell me if I'm
> > just doing something stupid.
>
> It sounds like there's a problem in the RPM package since Hugs itself
> isn't that fussy.  You could install Hugs from source yourself.

Alternate approach, which works in general for RPM, assuming you have acc=
ess=20
to src packages:

Download the src RPM from the hugs web page=20
http://cvs.haskell.org/Hugs/downloads/hugs98-Dec2001-1.src.rpm

Then, rebuild the package.  This will cause the dependencies to be calcul=
ated=20
based on what you have on your machine.

# rpm --rebuild hugs98-Dec2001-1.src.rpm
# rpm -Uvh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/hugs98-Dec2001-1.i386.rpm

(Newly built packages get dumped in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS, you can change =
that=20
directory, but it's probably not worth it for a one-off)

--Jeff