hashmap withdrawal and poor haskell style

Yoann Padioleau Yoann.Padioleau@irisa.fr
03 Apr 2002 19:50:22 +0200

Remi Turk <remi@abcweb.nl> writes:

> --------------------
> module Main where
>
> import Char
> import FiniteMap
>
> printCount      :: (Char, Integer) -> IO ()
> printCount (letter, count)
> 		=3D putStrLn $ letter : replicate count '*'
>
> countLetters    :: String -> [(Char, Integer)]
> countLetters letters
> 		=3D fmToList $ addListToFM_C (+) emptyFM $ zip letters (repeat 1)
>
> main    =3D getContents >>=3D mapM_ printCount . countLetters . filter isAl=
> pha

this is not exactly the same semantic than the python version, for example
if 'z' is not in the contents, then you will not display 'z' (without star)
and you will not respect also the order of the letter (i think)