Haskell 98 - Standard Prelude - Floating Class

Jon Fairbairn Jon.Fairbairn@cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 16:47:33 +0100

> > In general, this is why LIA-2 (Language Independent Arithmetic, part
> > 2, "Elementary numerical functions", ISO/IEC 10967-2:2001) [. . .]
> This sounds like a very interesting standard.  I am constantly annoyed
> by ISO's attempts to hide their standards; one might wonder what the
> purpose is of having unavailable "standards".  Is the content
> available somewhere?

You have to pay for it. I too find this exceedingly
annoying, but it stems from the notion that any body that
provides something useful should make money from it. The
standards bodies (ISO, BS in particular) are expected to
recoup costs by selling the documents. That this makes the
standards less effective doesn't seem to matter. =

I don't know what could be done to persuade them to behave
differently.

 J=F3n

-- =

J=F3n Fairbairn                                 Jon.Fairbairn@cl.cam.ac.u=
31 Chalmers Road                                         jf@cl.cam.ac.uk
Cambridge CB1 3SZ            +44 1223 570179 (after 14:00 only, please!)