Juan Carlos Arevalo-Baeza
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 12:02:51 -0800

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 12:05:44 +0000, Keith Wansbrough wrote:

>>=A0>Yeap, that's exactly what I thought (I think - what exactly=
 is a 'closure'?
>>=A0=A0:) I'll try to tackle this one. I have always had trouble=
 understanding this concept, and I haven't been able to find a=
 good definition or description on the web. It's always assumed=
 you know what's being talked about, for some reason.
>Please submit your explanation to FOLDOC or the Haskell Wiki (or=
>Otherwise your carefully-crafted explanation will end up lost=
 deep in a mail archive somewhere and never be seen.

   :) I'll be happy to. I just don't know how accurate my=
 explanation was. I do not claim to know what a closure is. Never=
 read a single definition of it. This whole explanation is, at=
 best, an educated guess built from all the contexts where I've=
 heard it mentioned.

   I'll wait for some confirmation from somebody who knows.

   No problem. There's nothing like trying to explain something=
 to be able to understand it more fully :)

ICQ: 101728263
The Rumblings are back: