using haskell as a shell language

D. Tweed tweed@compsci.bristol.ac.uk
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 05:01:56 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Juan Carlos Arevalo-Baeza wrote:

>    Oh, yes. I understand you perfectly. But that's not a good reason not to try the one known path. Just in case.

It appears that I'm partially wrong; sorry.

I always run things through symlinks from one big `/home/tweed/bin/'
directory so I never tried invoking a runhugs script through its actual
name; trying it now runhugs does actually look in the directory containing
the `calling name' for imports as you rightly say it ought to.
Unfortunately when that calling name is actually a symlink things don't
work, so in my case I do still have to ensure it gets the correct paths
:-( .

www.cs.bris.ac.uk/~tweed/pi.htm |tweed's law:  however many computers
email: tweed@cs.bris.ac.uk      |   you have, half your time is spent
work tel: (0117) 954-5250       |   waiting for compilations to finish.