[off-topic] LaTex for [[ ... ]]

D. Tweed tweed@compsci.bristol.ac.uk
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 12:17:01 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Fergus Henderson wrote:

> Sorry for the off-topic post, but I figured someone here would know...
> can anyone please tell me how to do the double-square-bracket symbols
> that are often used in denotational semantics in LaTex?  It's like
> "[[" but a single symbol without the space between the two brackets.
> (I checked the Latex companion, but it's not listed there AFAICT.)

It's either $[\![$ or $[\!\![$; likewise for close brackets. It's just
very crude as \! means `insert
standard-width negative math-space here'.

www.cs.bris.ac.uk/~tweed/pi.htm|tweed's law:  however many computers
email: tweed@cs.bris.ac.uk     |    you have, half your time is spent
work tel: (0117) 954-5250      |    waiting for compilations to finish.