gui building in haskell

Manuel M. T. Chakravarty chak@cse.unsw.edu.au
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 23:33:30 GMT

Jan Kort <kort@wins.uva.nl> wrote,

> +------------+--------+-------+-----+------+------+
> | GUI lib    | Status | Level | W98 | Unix | OS X |
> +------------+--------+-------+-----+------+------+
[..]
> | gtkhs      | alpha  | low   |     | yes  |      |
[..]

Given the current cross-platform efforts of GTK+, I think,
this is overly pessimistic.  Currently, GTK+ runs at least
also on BeOS, there is also a Win98 version, and in addition
to the X interface on Unix, there is now also direct support
for the Linux framebuffer device.

Gtk+HS has only been tested on Unix, but it doesn't contain
anything Unix specific, I think - except that it makes use
of the usual GNU build tools like autoconf and gmake.

Cheers,
Manuel