Literate Programming in Haskell?

Bostjan Slivnik bostjan.slivnik@fri.uni-lj.si
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 14:33:44 +0100

> > In the Haskell community is there a generally accepted best way to
> > approach Literate Programming?  The language has support for literate
> > comments, but it seems that many common LP tools don't respect it.
>
> I'm also very interested in this, but ideally I would want the output to
> be in some proportional font, with symbols like =>, ->, <- replaced with
> arrows, etc. Also, it would be very nice to have the code automatically
> column aligned (using heuristics).

So am I.  Is anybody willing to cooperate on the desing of such tool?

The solution based on the package `listings' is really nice
(especially because of its simplicity).  However, if different
indentation is preserved (as it should be in Haskell), the package
does not produce the best results.

> I saw something that looks like this in Mark P. Jones's paper `Typing
> Haskell in Haskell', but don't know how he did it.

Perhaps he used ``Haskell Style for LaTeX2e'' (written by Manuel
Chakravarty); just a guess.  Or did it manually.

Bo"stjan Slivnik