Various software and a question

Ian Lynagh
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 01:04:07 +0000

Hi all

First a brief question - is there a nicer way to do something like

    #ifdef __GLASGOW_HASKELL__
    #include "GHCCode.hs"

    > import HugsCode

than that (i.e. code that needs to be different depending on if you are
using GHC or HUGS)?

Secondly, I don't know if this sort of thing is of interest to anyone,
but inspired by the number of people who looked at the MD5 stuff I
thought I might as well mention it. I've put all the Haskell stuff I've
written at (although I'm new
at this game so it may not be the best code in the world).

At the moment this consists of a (very nearly complete) clone of GNU ls,
and MD5 module and test program and the smae for SHA1 and DES. The ls
clone needs a ptch to GHC for things like isLink (incidentally, would
it be sensible to try and get this included with GHC? It is basically a
simple set of changes to the PosixFiles module, but needs __USE_BSD
defined (which I guess is the reason it is not in there, but it could
have it's own file?)).

Have fun
Ian, wondering how this message got to be so long