Various software and a question

Ian Lynagh igloo@earth.li
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 01:04:07 +0000

Hi all

First a brief question - is there a nicer way to do something like

    #ifdef __GLASGOW_HASKELL__
    #include "GHCCode.hs"
    #else

    > import HugsCode

    #endif

than that (i.e. code that needs to be different depending on if you are
using GHC or HUGS)?

Secondly, I don't know if this sort of thing is of interest to anyone,
but inspired by the number of people who looked at the MD5 stuff I
thought I might as well mention it. I've put all the Haskell stuff I've
written at http://c93.keble.ox.ac.uk/~ian/haskell/ (although I'm new
at this game so it may not be the best code in the world).

At the moment this consists of a (very nearly complete) clone of GNU ls,
and MD5 module and test program and the smae for SHA1 and DES. The ls
clone needs a ptch to GHC for things like isLink (incidentally, would
it be sensible to try and get this included with GHC? It is basically a
simple set of changes to the PosixFiles module, but needs __USE_BSD
defined (which I guess is the reason it is not in there, but it could
have it's own file?)).

Have fun
Ian, wondering how this message got to be so long