We need "Documentation"

Dmitry Astapov adept@umc.com.ua
20 Dec 2001 12:33:07 +0200

 EO> Hi Hal,
 EO> On Thursday 13 December 2001 20:47, Hal Daume III wrote:
>> I think we should move this off the mailing list.  I'm willing to
>> spear-head such an effort.  Anyone who is interested in contributing,
>> please email me.  I'll compile a list of people and we can figure out
>> what we want to do.

 EO> I think it's okay to discuss in haskell-cafe.
Well, original author decided to took discussion off-list ...

 EO> I'd like to contribute too but I have little time nowadays trying to
 EO> finish writing my msc. thesis. I do have a few suggestions though:

 EO> 1. Using wiki does not seem to be a bad idea. You may also consider
 EO> using a word processing system such as LaTeX though. It's easy to
 EO> convert LaTeX to html and it yields very quality prints as you all
 EO> know. However, for true collaboration wiki is the king. There is
 EO> already a nice Haskell wiki appropriate for such a project IIRC.

But Wiki at haskell.org has many limitations :( Does someone know nice Wiki
interface which combines Wiki's ease of use and CVS-like revision
management and conflict resolution? Most implementations I've seen does not
seem to deal well with several ppl editing same page at once - changes
often got lost....

--
Dmitry Astapov //ADEpt                               E-mail: adept@umc.com.ua
GPG KeyID/fprint: F5D7639D/CA36 E6C4 815D 434D 0498  2B08 7867 4860 F5D7 639D