SPJ (and others') book. Was: Pointers in Haskell??

Jerzy Karczmarczuk karczma@info.unicaen.fr
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 09:21:44 +0100

Mark P Jones comments:

> | This book is already on-line at
> |
> | http://research.microsoft.com/Users/simonpj/Papers/student.ps.gz

> That's a useful resource too, but it's not the book that the first
> poster mentioned.  The earlier book was more advanced, more
> research-oriented, and (in most respects) covered more material
> than the later one (which was intended as an executable tutorial).
>
> Personally, I honestly don't think I would have been able to put
> Gofer together without many hours poring over Simon's 1987 book.

Just for the record: this wonderful (really!) book has others authors
as well: Philip Wadler, Peter Hancock,... contributed, writing some
chapters.

Jerzy Karczmarczuk
Caen, France

PS. The Haskell mailing group received - as you know - an ad:

>                              LIL DRIVER GOLF CART
>           "The Perfect Holiday Gift" for the 3 to 7 year old golfer!

Would somebody care writing to those people asking them to correct the name
"golfer" which has a redundant "l"?