Graphic User Interface Question

Manuel M. T. Chakravarty chak@cse.unsw.edu.au
Mon, 03 Dec 2001 11:39:08 +1100

Gabriel Alix <galix@mail.colgate.edu> wrote,

>      My name is Gabriel Alix; I am currently an undergrad Computers Science
> major at Colgate University working with Proffessor Phillip
> Mulary(http://cs.colgate.edu/new/faculty/mulry.html). I am currently working
> with a group of other people to build a UI but am finding a lack of good
> examples to study off of. Would anyone have any references, links, or code
> that shows the inner workings of UI in Haskell? We are look for anything
> that will help us designs a good GUI.

Have you had a look at

  http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~chak/haskell/gtk/

Unfortunately, there is not a great lot of example code, but
you find some smaller examples in the subdirectory

  gtk+hs/examples/

and at

  http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~chak/haskell/gtk/BoolEd.html

a slightly larger examples that illustrates many of the
typical GUI coding problems (like shared state).  There is
also a mailing list

  gtkhs@haskell.org

where you can get help if you are stuck.

Cheers,
Manuel