Namespace clashes

brk@jenkon.com brk@jenkon.com
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 13:47:58 -0700

	[Bryn Keller]
	Personally, I don't mind this sort of thing and I find the import
capabilities in Haskell sufficient for most purposes. However, I'm new
enough to Haskell that I sometimes have a hard time figuring out what I've
done wrong from the error messages. Here's one such:

	func x =
	  do
	    data <- readFile x
	    return data

	Where the problem is that I've mistakenly used the reserved word
'data' for a name binding. Here's the error message I get for that:

	scratch.hs:3: Empty 'do' construct

	But I'm learning. :-)